TCE FOSS Group carries out research in the following areas:
- Operating System Design and Development.
- Neuro -Fuzzy computing.
- High Performance Computing.
- Information Security.
- Natural Language Processing.
- Cloud Computing - Hadoop
The present work in these research areas includes:
Scheduling in Cluster Environment using FOSS tools.
- Analysis of Parallel Learning Algorithms and it’s Applications.
- Several parallel combinatorial algorithms are evaluated
- Analysis of pattern recognition problems using neural networks.
- Efficient scheduling of tasks in clusters
Localization of FOSS Tools (Tamil)
- Experimental Analysis of Automatic Text Categorization approaches that fall within the machine Learning Paradigm
- Document Representation
- Classifier Construction
- Classifier Evaluation
Log files analysis to build the user’s behavior Profile.
- Application of Machine learning algorithms to Information Security
- Classification of Abnormal Activity using Sequence of System calls
- Application of Neural Networks to Intrusion Detection
- Application of Naïve Bayes Classifiers to Masquerader Detection
The future work can be extended to:
- Applying Automated Text Categorization successfully to the categorization of documents expressed in slightly different media like Very Noisy text resulting from optical character recognition
- Automated content based indexing for multimedia documents
- Designing FOSS Tools to efficiently capture and prevent various types of host and network attacks to secure our information
- Application of Machine learning algorithms like Neural Networks, Fuzzy Logic, Neuro Fuzzy Systems and Support Vector Machines to improve the efficiency of our FOSS tools
- Application of machine Learning algorithms to various Combinatorial problems
- Improving their efficiency in GNU/Linux cluster environment using FOSS tools.
- Design a Foss Tool to schedule the computationally intensive tasks in Cluster environment.